What is a coach?
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Why do people hire an ICF trained coach?
Coaching provides a safe place to develop personally or professionally. The most common reasons people hire a professional coach are:
- To discover their life purpose and calling
- To get ahead professionally
- To set better goals
- To reach goals faster
- To make significant changes
- To reduce stress and tolerations
- To make a bigger impact on the world
- To become more financially successful
- To design and live their best life
- To make better decisions
- To improve relationships and family
- To collaborate with someone
- To simplify their lives
- To strengthen their personal foundations
How is coaching different to other service professions?
- Counselling or Therapy generally deals with healing pain or conflict from the past, whereas coaching is forward moving and future focused with a view to create actionable strategies.
- Consulting often involves the diagnosis of problems and implementation of solutions; while a coach helps people generate their own solutions through discovery-based approaches and support.
- Mentors typically guide or share from their own experience and show others how to complete or achieve things; while coaches help people generate their own solutions and strategies.
- Trainers or Sports Coaches move individuals or teams towards set objectives or outcomes.
- A Professional Coach guides individuals or teams to set the objectives or outcomes. A Life Coach partners with you to identify & leverage your gifts, overcome internal limitations, and take action.
Why is your name spelt Equipe?
Equipe Coaching combines both the English meaning of equip, ‘To prepare or make ready’, and the French counterpart équipe, referring to ‘Team’.
Through a coaching approach, Equipe Coaching helps individuals grow in vision and purpose. I.e. to prepare or make ready, to achieve their life purpose or calling.
As humans each of us have varied strengths, yet to be truly effective we need to embrace the strengths of others, i.e. Team.
Why do you have a fig-tree as part of your logo?
Each of us have the ability to achieve great things and make a positive difference in the lives of others.
The bible# speaks of Jesus rebuking a fig-tree. Although it looked healthy and food producing from a distance, upon closer inspection the tree had only produced leaves. It provided nothing of nutritional value.
Much like the fig-tree, we do well to make our lives count and not just look good from the outside.
At Equipe Coaching, we want to help you discover and bear ‘fruit’ which is uniquely yours!
# (Mark 11:12-21)